This internship will report to Erin Simon, Sr. Program Officer Packaging, and will work closely with members of the Business & Industry staff and the Markets unit. The intern may also have the opportunity to interact with company representatives. This internship provides an opportunity to improve research skills in a professional setting, gain knowledge about companies and environmental issues, and contribute to WWF’s mission.
The main focus of this internship will focus on working with Erin Simon and other members of the WWF Markets team on researching and developing documentation and whitepapers for the WWF packaging platform. This will include assessing packaging as a part of the system, making material alternative assessments, understanding impacts of renewable material feedstocks, assessing end of life options and working on positive policy to move the packaging industry forward.
- Full time is preferred; minimum of 20 hours a week for 12 weeks (a longer time period, potentially through the winter and spring is desirable);
- Either a BA in Packaging or Related degree PLUS 3-5 years of experience in the industry OR in the process of getting a Masters or Doctorate in Packaging;
- Experience in environmental packaging design and assessment (incl. assessment tools like LCA);
- Understanding of impacts and values for different packaging materials;
- Understanding of impacts and values for different end of life solutions;
- Good research skills, attention to detail are obligatory;
- Familiarity with environment, economics and/or business is helpful;
- Skills in Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Word and obligatory.
Jan 7, 2013 through Apr 30, 2013
How to apply:
Please email a resume & cover letter with the subject line “Internship Application” to Jeff Malcolm at Jeff.Malcolm@wwfus.org