This internship will report to Jeff Malcolm, Manager, B&I and will work closely with members of the Business & Industry staff and the Markets unit. The Business & Industry (B&I) department of WWF-US supports this goal by developing and managing WWF-US’s partnerships with companies, engaging companies on sustainability, and working across multiple departments such as marketing, forestry, fisheries, agriculture and aquaculture..
The internship will support WWF’s work on corporate engagement. This could include analyzing environmental, social and business risks for WWF’s engagement with businesses, researching corporations, developing reports on companies and analyzing market trends, supporting projects on GHG, water or supply chain strategies, and/or supporting the B&I team in various capacities: working with cause marketing, engaging with campaigns to stop deforestation, developing webpages, editing documents for review, support coordination of meetings, etc. Preference will be given to applicants who are willing to support the B&I team in various capacities and types of engagements. The intern(s) may also have the opportunity to interact with company representatives.
- Full time is preferred; minimum of 20 hours a week for 12 weeks (a longer time period, potentially through the fall is desirable);
- Graduate students and recent graduates are preferred;
- Good research skills, attention to detail are obligatory;
- Familiarity with environment, economics and/or business is helpful;
- Skills in Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Word and obligatory.
Duration: June - September 2013
Stipend: Paid internship.
How to apply: Please email a resume & cover letter with the subject line “B&I Summer Internship Application” to Jeff Malcolm at Jeff.Malcolm@wwfus.org