Internship Title: Communications and Learning Intern
WWF’s Forest and Climate Initiative (FCI) is a global program that is:
Working to advance support for an agreed global policy framework for reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries and the conservation, sustainable management of forests, and enhancement of forest carbon stocks (called REDD+) and to ensure major REDD+ initiatives adopt and implement strong social, environmental and governance safeguards. Working with forest countries and on the ground with local communities to build capacity and ensure programs, standards, approaches and technologies for REDD+ produce real and verifiable emissions reductions while benefiting biodiversity and people's well-being.
We are seeking a Communications and Learning intern to support the work of the FCI Communications and Learning & Knowledge Sharing teams, and to be a contributing member of the broader FCI team. The Intern will have the opportunity to gain direct insight into how well-organized online platforms can be used as tools to help realize national and global conservation goals, and to interact with WWF learning, communications and technical staff around the globe.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the day to day administration of FCI’s internal Google site and the online REDD+ community platform, which will be open to the public when launched in the spring. The Intern will also work closely with FCI learning and communications staff to assist in the ongoing development of publications, online community management, and strategies, including:
- Providing feedback and suggestions for site modifications/improvements
- Proofreading and editing site content and outreach documents
- Monitoring site engagement on a weekly basis using Google Analytics and qualitative observation
- Writing a weekly update on community engagement on the REDD+ platform (post-launch), noting interesting developments and new contributions or features
- Creating a comprehensive ‘help/FAQ’ page for the REDD+ platform
- Assisting in the posting and/or tagging of content as needed
- Researching REDD+ news items for posting
- Drafting relevant news and information items
- Other duties related to community engagement and knowledge management on as-needed basis
- Strong information management skills
- CMS experience preferred
- Interest in online community management and platforms
- Familiarity with MS Office, Google Analytics, Google Sites
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Attention to detail
- Organized, self-motivated and flexible
- Available a minimum of 15 hours per week
Location: Washington, DC, or remotely, as agreed upon by Intern and supervisor.
Stipend: Unpaid. Must be enrolled in school and able to receive academic credit to qualify.
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter, resume, and short writing sample (5 or less pages) with the subject line “FCI Communications and Learning Intern Application” to Jennifer Ferguson-Mitchell (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than May 1, 2013.
*Please note that WWF does not sponsor US visa for the internships.