The Global Forest & Trade Network (GFTN) is WWF's initiative to eliminate illegal logging and drive improvements in forest management, while transforming the global marketplace into a force for saving the world’s most valuable and threatened forests. First established in 1991, it is the world’s longest-running forest trade program of its kind. GFTN helps creates market conditions that help conserve the world's forests while providing economic and social benefits to the communities and wildlife that depend on them. GFTN is currently working with more than 250 companies in over 25 countries worldwide. More information on GFTN is available at http://gftn.panda.org
GFTN’s Communications Intern will work on development of program materials, the public website, GFTN’s internal site, monthly news update, a series of writing assignments, and a targeted media strategy that is aligned with WWF/GFTN’s broader communications strategy. In addition, the intern will be asked to maintain and update GFTN’s quarterly fact sheet, update existing tools and guides and contribute towards GFTN publications and communications materials. Ad hoc assignments will also be assigned as needed.
- Pursuing a degree in mass communication, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field with a strong interest in conservation and environmental sustainability issues.
- Able to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent research, writing, organizational and oral communications skill.
- Advanced proficiency in Google docs, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience with website development and content management systems.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Academic or professional experience and knowledge of media and effective media relations.
- Experience developing media strategy, either for academic or professional purpose.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign publishing software.
Unpaid. For all unpaid internships, applicants must be enrolled in school and be able to obtain academic course credit from their university.
How to apply: Please email a resume & cover letter with the subject line “Internship Application” to Huma Khan, Huma.Khan@wwfus.org